I will be presenting a webinar with one of our partners, Acquia. We are part of the certified Acquia Enterprise partners and as such we have the opportunity to share with their audience our past experience in developing Open Source Healthcare Technology Solutions and where we see the Healthcare IT industry moving in the near future. You can register for the webinar on the Acquia website. Additionally, you can read more about our past experiences on our Achieve Internet site. Below is an brief abstract on the webinar – you can access the full version here.
Enhanced platforms to improve engagement and experience for the patient, physician and entire clinical staff.
The focus, and heated debate, on the Affordable Care Act (ACA) is causing major change in the healthcare industry. The ACA seeks to provide more affordable care and mandates the use of cutting edge technology solutions to provide inter-operability and patient engagement in order to accomplish the desired goals.
“Ultimately, we’re all patients and we all deserve better care than the chaotic, proprietary and unconnected system we experience today. “ Nick Valeriani – CEO, Gary and Mary West Health Institute. 
Drupal has the power and capabilities to help meet these goals, and is already being used by a number of major Healthcare related companies from Florida Hospitals, WellPoint, Dexcom, and Alliance Imaging. Drupal has the ability to achieve and comply with the desired outcomes of the ACA, from patient engagement, physician satisfaction and inter-operability between EMR systems.
In this webinar, I will review how Drupal and Open Source technology solutions can greatly improve healthcare (including patient outcomes, better patient experiences, and increased usability) by enhancing, extending and ultimately replacing the current Healthcare technology on the market.
Additionally, I will cover the following topics:
- How the Healthcare IT industry can advance to the next level
- Why Drupal is well positioned to provide immediate benefit
- Past and current Drupal successes in Healthcare
- WellPoint builds award winning Drupal Intranet.
- Florida Hospitals integrates 22 campuses on one Drupal platform to improve patient experience and care across Florida.
- Dexcom uses Drupal to extend Oracle Database and increase medical device re-orders by 300%.
- Alliance Imaging reaches over 500 Physicians and securely sends 1M+ images a year using a Drupal portal solution.
- No need to reinvent the wheel – Drupal is already being leveraged to help Healthcare and is poised to make an even larger impact in the immediate future.
- Date & time: Tuesday, April 29, 2014 01:00 PM EDT
- Duration: 60 min
- Speakers: Ben Schluter – Marketing Manager, Achieve Internet
Follow the link below to register for the webinar on the Acquia website. I hope you will join us!